Despite the long hours I spend on my computer, I never felt like I had a proper workspace. I kept dreaming of ideas to create a custom built in desk in the alcove between my closets and with the help of my super talented boyfriend, Daniel I now have a pretty, efficient workspace. Due to the lack of storage in my room I use the shelves for some of my heels, which add so much color and texture.
I also like to have a mood board adjacent to my desk filled with wallpaper samples, fabric, tear outs from magazines and my favorite motivational quotes. I made my custom cork board, using ten cork squares glued to large pieces of foam core, trimmed, then wrapped in fabric. This allowed my pin board to be as large as the space under my shelves.
Below are a few of my other office essentials.
1. These flamingo paper clips are my favorite! They are very durable when holding multiple pieces of paper and are just a fun alternative to the standard clip.
2. Everything Rifle Paper Co. creates is beautiful. Anna Bond hand designs all of their prints used on everything from cards, calendars and phone cases. I use these notepads everyday and constantly see different options at various stores like Anthropologie and Paper Source.
3. Due to my magazine hoarding problem I stock up on The Container Store’s Stockholm Boxes in white. They come in various sizes and colors and seem to be the perfect height to fit on a shelf or under a bed.
4. I never really liked having a mousepad because I felt like it took up too much space on my desk. That was until I found this cute Etsy store which carries a large collection of fun printed mouse pads. The round shape of this doesn’t feel as chunky as a square.
5. I found this glass & metal organizer at Target! It was intended to be used as a bathroom organizer, but it works perfectly on my desk because the different size compartments hold everything I need.
6. These gorgeous thank you notes from Sugar Paper are so nice to have on hand. I used to always find myself running out to get thank you’s last minute, but now I keep an assortment in my desk drawer.
7. I don’t have ton of storage space at my desk so I like to use an oversized basket like this one to hide my trash can and any additional folders.
8. This bright tray adds beautiful color while providing a great spot for my keys and cell phone.
9. I have always preferred a heavier table lamp opposed to a desk lamp. This chic marble base lamp with white linen drum shade is another one of my favorite Target finds.
10. Although the internet is filled with countless inspirational images, I still love to flip through my collection of design books for reference. Allegra Hicks’ book “An Eye for Design” is amazing! Just the color of the front cover got me hooked, but the pages filled with her pattern designs and photography are so pretty.