Kitchen Styling with etúHOME

All style + wellness

health

Beauty

Easy Summer Dresses

The Best Basics with Everlane

A Touch of Texture: Vintage Pillows

I talk a lot about texture on the blog, specifically how layering texture into a room can elevate the look. One of my favorite ways to do this is through the addition of pillows and vintage textiles in general. I am a total throw pillow addict and have talked about them at length in multiple blog posts. Vintage throw pillows have taken the design world by storm over the last few years and adding just one can help offset a more traditional look. They always seem to add the perfect cool element to a room so I wanted to share a few of my favorite styles and how I mix them.

The styles I gravitate to most are Chinese Wedding Pillows, Hmong, Batik and Indian Wool. I love to source vintage pillow covers from Etsy because their price points tend to be a lot more reasonable. For more investment pillows Shoppe by Amber Interiors and St. Frank also have beautiful options.

SHOP VINTAGE PILLOWS

1. Alexandra Johansen

April 24th, 2019 at 7:05 pm

Love your printed slumber pillow. Do you recall the source?
    TY,
    Alexandra

2. Chrissy McDonald

April 27th, 2019 at 3:07 am

Thank you Alexandra! It is also from Boho Pillow – from a few years ago!

3. Sandy

April 26th, 2019 at 8:10 pm

Just started looking at all of your aesthetically pleasing content. I wonder if you had some insight on art and how to artfully display it whether on walls or some other way. Thank you for all the inspo-looking forward to staying tuned-in.

4. Chrissy McDonald

April 27th, 2019 at 3:06 am

Thank you so much Sandy! I have a post on some of my favorite art which shows how I display it on shelves or a table. I will try and think of any other posts where I might touch on this. Xx

5. Inge

May 2nd, 2019 at 8:47 pm

Hi Chrissy,
    I’ve been reading along for quite some time and now that we’re finally buying a new sofa, I’m also looking for some luxury throw cushions to go along with. Now I have the cheaper ones of Ikea in our sofa and my husband hates them. 🙂 I noticed you mentioned some pretty cushion covers and I’ve found some on Etsy we both love, but they only sell the cover, so I wondered: what kind of pillows do you use and recommend? Is it better to look for a cushion with feathers, or a synthetic one? I love the fluffy ones that you can “spank” into place, if you know what I mean? 😉 I’m living in Europe (Bruges) and I cannot seem to find ones I love here, so I’m looking online… Hope you can provide me with tips! 🙂
    Keep up the great work with your wonderful blog,
    love, Inge x

6. Chrissy McDonald

May 3rd, 2019 at 4:38 am

Thank you so much Inge!! I prefer the down inner to synthetic because they look more full and fluffy. Here is a link to my favorite easy place to purchase inners. They have just about every standard pillow size which is great. Do keep in mind I always go one size up for the inner. If your pillow is 20 x 20 it is better to get a 22 x 22 inner. Hope this helps! Xx

Be the first to comment