With the Fourth of July quickly approaching I am in full summer mode and with summer comes an onslaught of homemade ice cream. I love making ice cream with the seasons ripest fruits and peach ice cream is one of my favorites. It tastes good on its own, in a cone or over a piece of blackberry pie. Peach ice cream is surprisingly very easy to make, the hardest part is pealing and chopping all of the peaches. This simple recipe combines sweet juicy peaches with a few other ingredients and requires an ice cream maker to get the right creamy
Peach Ice Cream Recipe
- 4 cups peeled peaches (about 5-6 peaches, sliced)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups heavy cream
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced peaches, sugars, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Stir to combine and allow to sit for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the sugars have dissolved and the peaches are juicy.
- Place peach mixture in a blender or food processor and pulse until the peaches are broken down. They do not have to be completely blended and some chunks are preferred. Add in the heavy cream and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into an airtight container and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Once the mixture is chilled, pour into your prepared ice cream maker and follow the instructions. I use this ice cream maker which requires you to place the container in the freezer overnight.
- Once the ice cream is done being churned I place it in these freezer containers and freeze for at least 6 hours or until the ice cream is firm.
Scoop into pretty bowls or over another dessert and enjoy!
SHOP THE POST